Tuesday, July 28, 2009

YOU KNOW IT'S HOT WHEN...

Hey blog friends,
How are you doing today? If you're in the Pacific Northwest, I hope you are surviving the heat. Today we were grocery shopping in a local store which was very air-conditioned and all of the sudden the lights started flickering, recovering, flickering, and then...lights out. I am so glad I stopped at the deli counter first, it would have taken forever to hand slice that lunch meat! Yes, too many air-conditioners running at the same time and the little old transformer just couldn't take it any more. It said "I think I can...I think I can...oh darn, I can't". Shortly after that the voice of the store came over the intercom and asked all customers to finish shopping immediately and head to the cashiers in the front to buy their purchases and then exit the store. They weren't sure if there would be enough back up power to check everyone out but there was and they did. We were happy not to have spent time shopping just to leave it all behind. Way to go cashiers!!! We were even happier to get home and see that we still had air-conditioning. What a blessing, lunch meat and air conditioning! Let's never forget to be thankful for the small things in life.

No comments:

Post a Comment