Sunday, July 5, 2009

Visiting Seattle?...Gum Wall...a must see


Hey there,
Sunday morning...last nights fireworks were great...all kinds of junk in the front yard to pick up (those fireworks are messy!). So I was thinking about the great city of Seattle, WA. Yesterday, during the big 4th of July parade in town, I was realizing how many tourists were here visiting our little island just a short ferry ride away from the city. It struck me how great the city of Seattle is to visit. So much to do there. But there is one tourist spot that I don't believe is very well known and it's right smack dab in the center of Pike Place Market! It's Gum Wall. Yes, you heard me right, GUM WALL...as in chewing gum...maybe should be known as ABC Wall...Already Been Chewed Wall. It is possibly the most amazing display of public art that I have seen. So, so...unexpected!

When you visit the PPM (Pike Place Market) you'll see the famous fish throwers, right by the pig sculpture, and off to the left you'll see a small, discrete staircase going down to Post Alley. Once you get to the bottom of the stairs and turn left, you'll be there! Have fun...maybe add to the already incredible work of art (I do believe it's a work in progress).




Talk to you soon!
Meagan



1 comment:

  1. Hey Meagan! I Love your blog site! And the gum wall is pretty awesome...kinda gross, but cool! Miss you!!
    -Cherie

    ReplyDelete