Friday, January 1, 2010

HAPPY NEW YEAR



Happy New Year.

I love that word...NEW.  A NEW start...a NEW year...a NEW me...no not really, it's the same old me only with some new ideas.  I have to admit that the last few years have been a bit of a roller coaster, a rocky road, character builder kind of years.  I know it's been that way for so many of us.  I'm excited for the NEW YEAR, 2010...or Twenty 10... however you wish to call it.  I'm glad that 2009 is over but even though I'm so glad it's over there were a lot of good things that came out of those tough times.  The tough times may not be over but they have definately helped me to see what good can come out of them...even though I don't like it.  I was discussing this with a local artist who told me that she calls it the "Trevi Lesson of Life".  I had no idea what she was talking about.  She asked me if I had ever been to Rome and I haven't.  So she told me about this wonderful experience she had when she was in Rome.  She was wandering around these small streets...nothing special...and takes a left onto another not so special street (now remember...we're talking about Rome...so "not so special" may have a different meaning) and suddenly on the left was a small street that opens up to the Trevi Fountain.  Completely unexpected...and there it was, this magnificent fountain.  She went on to compare her find to a life lesson...those turns we take that open up completely unexpected possibilities. 

I loved this...the adventure of it all.  So this new year I am looking forward to the completely unexpected.  Hopefully it will be for the better...but one thing I know for sure is that how I look at things is changing.  Maybe I'm up for things not necessarily looking like I thought they would...and that's ok.

Happy New Year everyone!

1 comment:

  1. Happy New Year Meagan!
    I like this...I'll be looking for my fountain this year.

    ReplyDelete