Friday, May 22, 2009

Sneak Peek...

I started painting my boat picture. It's been a lot of fun. I've spent about the last 4 days working on it and I am very pleased with how it's turning out. My Best Friend (Husband) decided that I needed to have a better working spot. So the other day we pulled the old drafting table that my Dad made for me in college and put it back into use. It feels so great to use it again. My Dad is suffering from dementia. He was so good at building furniture and I am so happy to have this table especially knowing that he can't build things anymore. Love ya Dad!

In our house that we have lived in for a little over a year now there is this area in the upstairs hallway outside of our master bedroom that is sort of wide and empty. It needs something. We haven't been able to figure out what to put there. Every time we think of a chair or a cute little desk all I can think of is that I would never sit there just to sit! So at last the idea came...we'll make it into your studio. Hey, it works. I kind of like it. It's cozy and out of the way and I don't have to pick up whatever project I'm working on every time we decide to eat dinner! Thanks Hubby! I love my new painting spot. I put a rolling elfa drawer system next to my table with all my paint and stuff in it. Works great and very handy to be able to roll it closer to me when I need it.














So now that the space is all set up I've been using it. Like I said, for about the last 4 days. I thought I would show you a little sneak peek of the new painting...


What is it? Well, it's the corner of an old boat! Can't you tell!

I'll keep painting and show you the finished product soon.
Hope you all have a great weekend.
Come visit again soon,
Meagan

1 comment:

  1. Meagan, how wonderful to see you and your heart in this blog! You ARE and artist, in every sense of the word. I am so excited and thrilled for your gallery showing! I am looking forward to seeing the journey you are on through your blog. Carolyn Switalski (I don't get this "comment as" drop box, so I did anonymous)

    ReplyDelete