Friday, December 11, 2009

VINTAGE CHRISTMAS


Hello,

December is coming and going way faster than I had planned!  This has been a VERRRYY BUSY month...which I'm sure is true for all of you also.  We ended November with hosting Thanksgiving and it was such a fun day.  Then the next weekend was the Bainbridge Island Studio Tour.  I have to tell you how amazing it was!  I had such a great time and was able to talk to so many interesting people.  This was my second Stuio Tour and there were lots of repeat customers from the summer tour, and such positive feedback on my work.  Thanks to all of you that have supported me in my art.  I came away from that event feeling totally encouraged and inspired.  Here is a little peek at my booth at the Studio Tour.



The picture at the top was from a photo that I took at the Seabold Vintage Market last summer.  I was able to get several photos there that were my inspirations for my Christmas paintings this year. 


"Vintage Christmas"


"Santa's Visit"


Now I have to put some real effort into getting ready for Christmas myself!   We are really scaling back this year so that should help it to not be too overwhelming.  Our church is doing something called "The Advent Conspiracy" and I am all on board with it.  If you get a chance, check out the link...it will change the way you think about Christmas.

Here's to your Christmas season being filled with wonder and excitement.  I hope that you find yourself spending quality time with the ones you love and finding an opportunity to help others with the abundance we have.

Blessings,

Meagan

5 comments:

  1. So nice to see you posting again, I've missed you!!! Everything looks so amazing! I LOVE my pictures!
    How did you make the stuff around your photos look white and smokey? I need to know your tricks!
    Our old church is doing the advent conspiracy also and I got to hear the first sermon on that. I need to check out the link too.
    Love you lots...get a little rest!

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOVE the truck!! :)

    As you know - I wanted to come to the studio tour . . . but unfortunately was not able to make it. I know the original isn't available but would love to know about the truck prints and cards . . . how many you have and the price . . . as I would love to buy a few!!

    Hope you are enjoying your holiday!!. . . liz

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your designs are fantastic... your booth looks great! I remember weekend art festivals etc. ~ the preparing, packing, set-up, take-down... whew!
    Hope it was very successful for you~
    Wishing you the best!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Glad the Studio Tour was a success and inpiring for you! You deserve it, and your booth looks great! I'm with you - December is just whipping by so fast, I can barely keep up. But hoping you and your family have a very Merry Christmas, wishing you all the best!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Meagan
    I was given your name by Margret in Endicott.
    I have opened a home store in St. John and I
    would love to stock your cards and some of your
    prints If you would be interested. You can contact me at ddw3445@netscape.net
    Thank you
    Diane

    ReplyDelete