Tuesday, October 6, 2009

FALLING FOR PUMPKINS


Good morning...
Yes, it's very early in the morning, not quite 5:00am.  For some reason my brain decided it was time to get up.  So I decided it would be a great opportunity to share some of my fall images that I photographed on Saturday morning.  Right off of Day road on Bainbridge Island is this great pumpkin patch nestled right behind a vinyard.  The landscape is breathtaking!  Hubby and I decided to get up early and head out for a photo shoot before all the peeps started coming to take their pictures too.  Karen and Carol farm this land and plant so many varieties of pumpkins all growing side by side.  It's like eye candy.


(you can see the vinyard in the background)


(These guys were huge!)


(And these had an awesome stalk on them...really fat and sturdy)


(The deep red-orange on these cinderella pumpkins was beautiful).





(Let's not forget the corn~aren't the colors great!)

Watching over the pumpkins are the faithful friends Lucy and Ricky.  They are quite a team.




                                                (Lucy on the left and Ricky on the right guarding the pumpkins...or is that drinking from the pumpkins!)

Needless to say, it was a fun morning.  Lots of great image for future paintings.  I hope you have a great week.  I am going to be very busy painting for 2 events that I (Talking Brush Studio) have coming up.  The first is in the middle of November at the Bainbridge Athletic Club, it's a Holiday Bazaar that should be a lot of fun.  And the next is in the beginning of December, The Winter Studio Tour.  Looking forward to both and will write more on each of them in later posts.  Hope you are all having a great week and look forward to the next post!

Blessings to you all!

Meagan

4 comments:

  1. I dream of having a pumpking patch like that! those green ones are my favorites. Grew them last year, but couldn't find seeds this year. Hope you've had a good week at work and enjoy your day off tomorrow!Hugs...Holly

    ReplyDelete
  2. Meg,
    These pictures are so vivid.
    What's Holly talking about...at least she has a patch. Some people never go beyond white moldy leaved pumpkin vines with growth thwarted pumpkins begging for mercy!!!
    I'm not complaining, I'm just saying that the only patches I have are on my jeans.

    BFFOSIL (that's your new name for me--(bff of sil)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great shots Meg, Makes me get into the Fall season even more then I already am.... you have such a great eye with your photos...Good job sis, Todd

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love these pictures Meagan! I love the colors, especially in the corn pic. See you at PPE....Joan

    ReplyDelete